Cordova approves contractor for main street demolition | News
CORDOVA, AL (WBRC)- After waiting nearly two years, the Walker County Town of Cordova is going to begin its road to recovery.
Tuesday night the city council voted to hire a contractor to demolish all of the downtown area on main street.
The town was hit by tornadoes twice April 27, once in the morning and again in the early evening. The old buildings were destroyed and several fires made it impossible to restore what was left.
The demolition is set to begin at the end of this month.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222