Walker Co. man pleads guilty to killing his father | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- A Walker County man has pleaded guilty to the beating that authorities say ultimately killed his father.
In June 2012, Walker County DA Bill Adair says that Christopher Robinson beat his father, Hubert Cecil Robinson, with a chair and with his hands. The elder Robinson was taken to Walker Baptist for treatment and then to a nursing home. He died there Aug. 27, 2012 from complications from the attack.
After the assault, Adair says that Christopher Robinson stole his father's car. He was located in Missouri by state police and extradited to Jasper to face murder and theft charges. Robinson has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222