Jasper police officer, 2 others involved in vehicle accident | News
JASPER, AL (WBRC)- The Jasper Police Chief has confirmed to FOX6 News that an officer was involved in a two-vehicle accident Wednesday afternoon.
Connie Rowe says that Lt. Justin Tidwell collided with a Lexus this
afternoon while responding to a call of an alleged gunman at a medical
office. The accident occurred near T.R. Simmons Elementary at Indiana
Avenue and Viking Drive.
He and the couple in the other
vehicle, identified as Guy and Irene Robbins of Jasper, were taken to
UAB. Authorities say all three suffered non life-threatening injuries
and were taken to UAB for treatment.
As for the original call
about an alleged gunman at a medical office, police never located this
person. They did lock down several nearby offices, which included other
medical offices and a pharmacy, while they conducted a search. T.R.
Simmons Elementary was also placed on lockdown due to its close
proximity to the clinic where the original call came from.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222