Free tax prep available for qualified residents | News
Non-profit Impact Alabama is now offering free tax preparations to Alabama families that qualify for the SaveFirst initiative.
The free service is available to families that make less than $50,000 a year with children in the home or $20,000 without children in the home. Preparation sites are located in Bessemer, Smithfield, Woodlawn and West End.
Participating families will also have a chance to enter the SaveNow WinLater Sweepstakes for the chance to win a $10,000 cash prize by investing in savings bonds. Every $50 invested in savings bonds is a chance to win the jackpot.
Those interested in participating in SaveNow WinLater or in scheduling a free tax preparation appointment should call 1-888-99-TAX-AL.
Bessemer Public Library
400 19th Street N
Bessemer, AL 35020
Tuscaloosa – McDonald Hughes Community Center
3101 MLK Jr Blvd
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Tuscaloosa – Holten Heights Church of the Nazarene
4401 17th Street NE
Holt, AL 35404
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222