Coaches’ Trophy to be available this weekend for fan photos | News
TUSCALOOSA, AL (WBRC)- Dr. Pepper, along with Wal-Mart and Academy Sports, is bringing the Coaches' Trophy to Alabama. The trophy will be available this Friday and Saturday for Crimson Tide fans to get a free photo opportunity.
This trophy is the exact same trophy that was awarded to the University of Alabama football team after winning the Discover BCS National Championship on January 7. The ball that sits on top of the trophy is said to be valued at $30,000 and weighs approximately 8 pounds. It also takes around 3 months to make the trophy.
To get your photo taken with the trophy, visit either of these locations:
Friday, January 11
Walmart store #715
1501 Skyland Blvd East
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
4 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, January 12
Academy Sports and Outdoors #0063
310 Doug Baker Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35242
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222