Hoover PD charge Jasper man with burglary, attempted murder | News
HOOVER, AL (WBRC)- Hoover Police say they have arrested and charged a Jasper man after he allegedly broke into and acquaintance's home and hit him with a bat.
Kerry Lewis Aderholt has been charged with burglary in the first degree, attempted murder and unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
The incident occurred Dec. 26 around 11 p.m. at a home in the 3400 block of Hurricane Road. A witness called 9-1-1 to report that two males were fighting inside.
When officers arrived, they took Aderholt into custody and determined that he had unlawfully entered the home. The 42-year-old victim suffered a laceration to his head when police say Aderholt struck him with a bat. The victim was taken to the hospital and treated for non life-threatning injuries.
Police say they recovered a handgun and a wooden baseball bat from Aderholt. He is being held on a $315,000 bond.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222