Walker Co. man sentenced for 2007 murder | News
WALKER COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- A Jasper cold case is brought to a close more than four years after it occurred.
Thirty-nine-year-old Charles Ronez Dean plead guilty to the murder of 21-year-old Essence Duncan earlier this week.
Duncan was killed in November 2007 and her body was found three weeks later floating in the Walker County Lake.
Dean has been sentenced to 18 years in prison and is supposed to turn himself in to the Walker County Jail Monday, Sept. 24 to begin his term.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222