Coroner identifies body found in Walker County woods | News
WALKER COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Walker County authorities have now identified the body of a young man found in a wooded spot on Monday just outside of Jasper.
Coroner J.C. Poe says the body is that of 24-year-old Jesse Brandon Joseph of Jasper, who was reported missing Sunday.
Monday afternoon, authorities found him in a dead end spot along Florida Avenue. Poe says Joseph's body had been there anywhere from five to seven days.
He died of several gunshot wounds, however the coroner could not say whether he was actually killed at the location or not.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222