Walker Co. deputies locate, arrest shooting suspect | News
WALKER COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Walker County Sheriff's deputies have located and arrested the man they believe shot and killed a woman in Argo around 1 or 2 p.m. this afternoon.
Authorities located Robert Earl Miller on Hull Road at about 7 p.m., which is a few blocks from where he allegedly took the victim's body. Someone reported seeing Miller walking along the road.
Deputies believe Miller that shot the victim, then drove her about 10 miles to his mother's trailer home on Hill Street in Empire. Deputies discovered a deceased female near the front door of the trailer. Chief Deputy James painter said the victim had not only been shot, but also stabbed.
The woman's name has not been released, but deputies say she is in her thirties and they believe that she and Miller were in some time of relationship.
Deputies have said that Miller was recently released from jail under a $240,000 bond on charges of rape, kidnapping and domestic violence.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222